Transmission Repair near Cerritos CA
There are many parts of your vehicle that are essential to its success. One such part is the transmission.
In your vehicle, the transmission helps your vehicle shift gears and get up to speed smoothly. If you start to notice that something may be wrong with the transmission, you will want to get it addressed right away. Here at Norm Reeves Superstore, we can help you do that. Learn more about how we can complete your transmission repair near Cerritos, CA, by reading below.
Warning Signs of Transmission Problems
Before you can have any transmission problems addressed and repaired, you want to be aware of the signs that there may be something wrong. Here is a list of some symptoms of transmission issues:
- Not Switching Gears – If you notice your vehicle is not changing gears or struggling to change gears, this could signal a problem with the transmission. The issue could be connected to low or incorrect type of transmission fluid.
- Burning Smell – If you notice a burning smell coming from your vehicle, take it for service as soon as possible. A burning smell possibly means the transmission is overheating or the transmission fluid is old and burnt.
- Unusual Noises – If you are hearing unusual noises coming from the vehicle, especially when it’s in neutral, this can be a sign that the transmission is having issues. This could simply mean it’s time for new fluid; however, it could also mean more significant repairs are needed.
- Slipping Gears – While you are driving, if your vehicle slips in and out of gear, this requires immediate attention. If the engine is revving during a gear change, it means the transmission has slipped.
- Leaking Fluid – Leaking transmission fluid can easily be identified. If you notice red, sweet-smelling fluid pooling underneath your vehicle, have the transmission fluid levels checked and inspect for any leaks.
- Check Engine Light – If the check engine light displays, this can be an indication that the transmission needs repairs. Of course, the check engine light can illuminate for a variety of reasons, so have your vehicle checked to confirm what the reason might be.
Our Transmission Services
If your vehicle experiences any of the above issues, our team is ready to help you address them. You can have a variety of transmission services completed at our service center.
First, we can handle the basic services the transmission needs, such as replacing the fluid. If your vehicle needs more significant repairs, which can include new parts for your transmission, our team will complete them in a timely manner and provide regular updates on a timeline for completion.
You can always ask our technicians any questions you have about transmission service.
Visit Our Service Center Today
Here at Norm Reeves Superstore, we are here to help with any transmission repairs near Cerritos, California, that your car needs to get back on the road.
You can schedule your next service appointment online or by calling our service center today. Bring your vehicle to our trusted team and let us get you back on the road and on your way to your next destination!